The Centre for Mining, Energy and Natural Resources Law (CMENRL) stimulates education and research on legal issues arising from the mining, energy and natural resources sectors of the Western Australian economy.
It has a particular emphasis on collaborative projects, conferences, seminars and workshops conducted in cooperation with the public and private sectors.
- to promote, encourage and publish research in mining, energy and natural resources law;
- to provide a forum for collaboration between the Law School, industry, government and the legal profession to facilitate research and education;
- to organise conferences, seminars and short courses. Seminars and short courses provide legal education for the legal profession and industry
- to assist the development of postgraduate and undergraduate courses in mining, energy and natural resources law.
KPMG and The University of Western Australia - Corporate governance reports
2016 short courses and seminars
- International Oil and Gas Law 2-4 March 2016
- Australian Oil and Gas Law 1-6 April 2016
- Corporate Governance for Resources Companies 19-22 April 2016
- Human Rights, Mining and Petroleum TBA
- Climate Change Law and Emissions Trading 13-15 July 2016
- Mining Law 28-30 Sept 2016
- Oil and Gas Agreements 23-25 Nov 2016
Previous seminars & conferences
Industry professionals seeking further qualifications may wish to consider a postgraduate qualification, whereby the workshops are attended as part of the coursework in a unit and a research paper is submitted at a later date.