- UWA Home
- Law School
- Consumer Research
- Centre research
Academic staff members from the Consumer Research Unit publish regularly in relation to topical issues involving consumer law.
Books & book chapters
- Freilich A and Griggs L 2013, Just Who is the Consumer? Policy Rationales and a Proposal for Change in Consumer Law and Policy in Australia & New Zealand, J.Malbon and L.Nottage (eds) , The Federation Press
- Nahan N.Y. and Webb, E.A. 2013, Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Law and Policy in Australia & New Zealand, J.Malbon and L.Nottage (eds) , The Federation Press
- Nahan N.Y. and Webb, E.A. 2013, Unconscionable Conduct in Consumer and Business Transactions in Consumer Protection Law and Policy in Australia & New Zealand, J.Malbon and L.Nottage (eds) , The Federation Press
- Webb, E.A. 2013, Extending responsible lending to small business-a 'consumer categorization? in International Responses to Crisis - Credit, Over-indebtedness and Insolvency, T. Wilson (ed) Ashgate, UK.
- Eileen Webb 2010, 'The Response of the Australian Courts to Real Property Mortgages Involving Predatory Lending Practices' in Property and Securities: Selected Essays, Edgeworth, Moses & Sherry (eds), Thomson
- Aviva Freilich, Lynden Griggs & Eileen Webb 2008, Consumer Protection Law, Melbourne: Oxford University Press
- Lynden Griggs and Eileen Webb, Section 51AC – A sauropod in need of life support?, QUT Law and Justice Journal 2011.
- Aviva Freilich, Lynden Griggs and Eileen Webb, Challenging the notion of a consumer: Time for change? (2011) 19 CCLJ 12
- Luke Villiers and Eileen Webb, Using relational contract principles to construe the landlord-tenant relationship: Some preliminary observations (2011) 1 Property Law Review 21
- Eileen Webb Considering unfairness in retail leases — A bridge too far or justifiable extension? (2010) 19 APLJ 58
- Eileen Webb, ACCC v Dukemaster: A recognition of acoustic segregation in Australian retail leasing? Australian Property Law Journal (2010) 18 Australian Property Law Journal 48.
- Eileen Webb, 'The Productivity Commission Inquiry Report: The market for retail tenancy leases in Australia' (2009) 16 Australian Property Law Journal 219
- Aviva Freilich & Eileen Webb, 'The 2009 Review of Australian Consumer Law: An opportunity to clarify the rationale and scope of s 51A Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth)' (2009) 17 Competition and Consumer Law Journal 1
- Aviva Freilich & Eileen Webb, The Incorporation of Contractual terms in Unsigned Documents: Is it Time for a Realistic, Consumer-Friendly Approach? (2009) 34 University of Western Australia Law Review 261
- Eileen Webb, Lessons to be Learned: Can Australian authority inform interpretation of the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive? (forthcoming)
- Eileen Webb, 'Consolidating Australia’s Lucky Escape: How Will the New Uniform Consumer Credit Legislation Restrain Predatory Conduct in Relation to Mortgages?', paper to be presented at the Teaching Consumer Law in the New Economy conference at the University of Houston on 21-22 May 2010.
- Eileen Webb, "Regulatory Developments in the US – How might this impact on Australia?" paper presented at the Finsia Professional Development Workshop – Australia’s National Credit Regime on 28 April 2010.
- Eileen Webb, 'Developments in Australian Consumer Law', presented at the Modernising and Harmonising Consumer Contract Law Conference (University of Manchester, 12 January 2009)
- Eileen Webb, 'EU Developments: The Unfair Commercial Practices Directive Presented', presented at the Consumer Law Roundtable (Monash University, 17 February 2009)
- Eileen Webb, 'Collateral Damage: The response of the Australian courts to real property mortgages involving predatory lending practices', presented to the Real Property Teachers Conference (University of NSW, 26 April 2009).
- Eileen Webb, 'Lessons to be Learned: How Australian authority can influence the interpretation of the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive', presented at Consumer 09 Conference (Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, 24 June 2009). The extended abstract was published in the conference proceedings
- Aviva Freilich & Eileen Webb, 'The Unfair Commercial Practices Directive and the Australian Consumer Law: A Comparison', to be presented at the Consumer Law Roundtable (University of Sydney, 4 December 2009)
- Inquiry into the Operation of Franchise Businesses in Western Australia (March 2008): Centre academic staff Aviva Freilich, Deborah Hindley and Eileen Webb conducted research for the inquiry by providing a review of existing practice in other jurisdictions, Australia and internationally, on unconscionable conduct and renewal of licences.